Tuesday 3 May 2011

BMW vs VW


Do you prefer this?


Or this?

As I was travelling home last night, I saw a broken BMW. I was thinking, is it better to have a broken BMW or another working car, let us say the VW Golf?

In this case, when the nice car does not work, and the not-so-nice car does work, which one fulfils its purpose better? Which one is more useful to you?

So I think that people put too much value in the brand of things and forget the original purpose of why it was created.

Do not laugh at the Golf which is more useful (and cheaper to maintain!) than the BMW. Yes, when the BWM is working, it is very fast and you can drive faster to where you need to be. But at the end of the day, using both methods, you arrive at your destination, do you not?

Of course, after that philosophy, I still would say give me the BMW over the Golf any day!! Haha ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Ahh but Confucious say, "Man who drives VW Golf might not get laid" lol

    ReplyDelete